Friday, July 13, 2007

The Movie Nut has dimmed the lights

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far way, in the dark and dim ages of the world wide web, I used to to run a website called Movies-Australia.com. It wasn't about Australian movies per say, it was just a collection of movie reviews & movie news & happenings in Brisbane, Australia. I dedicated a heck of a lot of time to it (far too much time), and it attracted loads of hits in its heyday. Well, those days are well and truly gone, and the site has disappeared into the dark, murky depths of lost Geocities data and so forth. Needless to say, I kept a firm hold of my old data (this was in the age before USB sticks and 300GB portable harddrives), so it's time to dust off the old burned CD's and replant some Movies-Australia memories back on the net, for a few brave visitors to read, and maybe have a chuckle or two.
So what will you find here? A lot of old movie reviews will be posted, as well as some guides to Brisbane Cinemas as they were back then (1990's - some of them are gone now)... As I post, I'll try and put the original posting dates.
Enjoy. Now go and make some popcorn.
Joe.

No comments: